Heilala Vanilla Pure Vanilla Bean Paste (2 oz) With Whole Vanilla Seeds, All Natural Ingredients, Award Winning & Superior to Mexican or Tahitian Paste, Gluten Free
About Heilala Vanilla (pronounced ‘hey la la’) Heilala Vanilla began as an aid project in 2002. A vanilla plantation was established by the Ross family, in partnership with a local family from the village of Utungake in Vava’u, Kingdom of Tonga. In 2005 the first crop was harvested and snapped up by local chefs. Since
About Heilala Vanilla
(pronounced ‘hey la la’)
Heilala Vanilla began as an aid project in 2002.
A vanilla plantation was established by the Ross family, in partnership with a local family from the village of Utungake in Vava’u, Kingdom of Tonga.
In 2005 the first crop was harvested and snapped up by local chefs. Since these small beginnings and a first harvest of 45kg of dried vanilla beans, Heilala has partnered with growers throughout Tonga celebrating their 10th harvest of vanilla beans in 2015. This has had a significant impact on the Tongan economy providing employment and infrastructure across a number of communities.
Our products are sold into specialty food retail and fine dining establishments and gourmet food manufacturers in New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Japan, Brazil, Denmark and the United States.
As well as being a huge boost for growers in Tonga, Heilala’s growth and global push is proving to be good news for other vanilla producers. Heilala recently partnered with a new group of vanilla growers in Madagascar. This additional supply of vanilla beans has been selected as they match the flavour profile of the Tongan beans and will be used when required in the manufactured product range.
Heilala is also aiming to get the vanilla industry in the Cook Islands off the ground by assisting and advising growers there. Vanilla growing is still in its early stages but Heilala hopes to include the Cook Islands in the future supply chain.
Recently, Heilala have partnered with Oxfam New Zealand and the Tonga National Youth Congress (TNYC) to produce Heilala Virgin Coconut Oil.
All Heilala Vanilla Products are Gluten Free.
Heilala Vanilla beans have Kosher Certification from the Kosher Licensing Authority.
- MULTI-AWARD WINNING – Heilala Vanilla Paste combines pure vanilla extract with vanilla seeds to create a convenient, economical and versatile alternative to whole vanilla beans.
- ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS – This rich concentrated paste contains Vanilla Bean Extract, Alcohol, Vanilla Bean Seeds, Sugar (5%) and Natural Seaweed Thickener. No artificial preservatives, fillers or flavours. Gluten Free. Kosher certified.
- COUNTLESS USES – Perfect in all baking such as cakes, puddings, cookies or anywhere the flavor and appearance of vanilla bean is desired. Also ideal for light coloured desserts such as custards, ice cream, shortbread, crème brulee and whipped cream to showcase the seeds alongside the full vanilla flavour.
- EASY & CONVENIENT – One teaspoon of Heilala Vanilla Bean Paste equals one vanilla bean. 60ml (2 fl oz.) jar is equivalent to 12 vanilla beans in terms of flavour and number of seeds. 60ml (2 fl oz.)
- HAND PICKED IN TONGA – This premium vanilla bean paste starts out growing in the Pacific Island Kingdom of Tonga, one of the most pure and natural growing environments in the world, before being processed and packaged in New Zealand.